Friday, October 19, 2012

Big Apple or Bust

A week ago yesterday I left my husband and babies behind bound for New York City...every time I say "New York City" I say it in my head the same as the Pace commercials from when I was a kid...and if you grew up in the late 80's/early 90's I'm sure you do too! Anyway, back in the summer my sweet friend Brantley invited me to join her and a few of her friends on a girls only trip to NYC...which I gladly excepted! However, due to some very poor planning on departing Lexington on my part we almost missed our flight. But after getting a late start out of the door, followed by locking my keys in the car (which required Arch to make a mad dash back home), one speeding ticket and one curb side valet bill later...we were the last 2 to board our flight...but first or last, we were still on board and ready to get our fun filled weekend started!

Happy, NYC bound, Girls!  After locking my keys in car & getting speeding ticket, we made it onto the mane by the skin of our teeth!

My grandmother (and who Ruth Ann is named after) grew up in Brooklyn and worked in NYC as a career girl before it was popular...but this was my very first trip...I was filled with regret having never taken this trip with my Grandma before she passed away, but I'll talk more about that later. Anyway, as we rode in the taxi towards our hotel I was already starting to take pictures with my phone like a touristy fool!

Views from a taxi... We aren't even at the hotel yet...I'm in love! We arrived!  Just kidding...maybe on a future trip...which there will be!

Fear not, I have plans of blowing the blog up with pictures from our weekend...I took 500+ pictures...I'll try not to bore you with all of them...but I'm not making any promises!

post signature

No comments: