Monday, December 10, 2012

Disney 2012

So for those that see me on a regular basis, you know that last Christmas (2011), my mom gifted me and my kids a cruise on the Disney Dream. My best friend Andrea, another Disney nut & lover of all things Disney, started cruising with Disney a few years ago and has told me repeatedly how the cruises surpass the fabulous service you receive at Disney World...she didn't lie, it's FANTASTIC!

 Anyway, I knew the wait for Christmas 2011 until our departure date early in November would be a long wait...but the wait was totally worth it! We had the best vacation because on the boat you don't worry about a thing...you show up for dinner and they feed you, you go to the pool and watch movies on the giant jumbo-tron screen above the pool, you go to bed and your bed is pulled down for you...I knew 1 hour after setting foot on the boat that my family would be returning for a future!

 We started our trip with a few days at Disney World...we are physically unable to be that close to the Magic Kingdom without making a stop. We spent Halloween trick or treating at the Magic Kingdom followed by 2 days split between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

148

 If you know Ruth Ann...one guess who decided the theme for this year's costumes...

146

 She's more a "pirate" girl than a "princess" girl...and when asked who her favorite pirate is her response "Captain Hook"...I hope she doesn't always have a soft spot for a bad boy...that could make for long & stressful teen years...

157

 Here is Tripp on his very first trip to Disney on his very first ride...

170

 He wasn't quite as thrilled with the tea cups...

174

182

Tripp's fave...dinner...clearly it takes a lot of eating to keep those cheeks so kissably plumb!

186

189

194

 We stopped to watch the first of the 2 Halloween parades and I tried to get a picture of my 2 little pirates...but they put on a show for all those around to watch...at least the spectators thought it was funny...I failed to see the humor...

196

Tripp was crawling around on the dirty, filthy ground...he was removed in the hopes Ruth Ann would cooperate...she didn't...

198199  

The parade got closer to starting so my mom offered to let Ruth Ann sit on her shoulders...Ruth Ann was a little nervous...

206


My mom very nearly lost an eye with that hook of hers...but she eventually relaxed and appreciated the view...

202

 This is a terrible picture...but she got to see her favorite pirate...

211

 Spooky castle at night with a nearly full moon...

219

222

 Since this was Tripp's first trip to Disney he had to learn the valuable lesson of waiting patiently...he wasn't a fan...

228

 It may be cruel to take pictures of your crying children...but what I love and think is so funny about this picture, is this looks almost identical to the way he cried on the day he was born...and I think he's precious even when he's crying! His mood improved...and declined...and improved through out the trip...

234

238

244

We kinda felt like we were in the company of a celeb with Hollywood here...

  249

 We dined with some characters on Thursday morning. Cape May Bay at Beach Club resort is our favorite breakfast...we gone there 3 years running...Tripp had not warmed up to the characters year...eventually Goofy was his favorite, although he was not a fan just yet...

252

254

253

258

Waiting on our boat ride to take us back to Hollywood Studios...

261

268

 We visited another pirate we enjoy...although he appears to be man handling my baby...Jake just thought Cpt. Hook was a bad guy...had he made my baby cry he would have had to tangle with me!

282

 Watched Disney Jr. Live...

289

292

310

 Ummm...unimpressed...Tripp out!

325

326

327

 I always let Ruth Ann pick 1 stuffed animal while were at Disney...without having seen Toy Story 3, Ruth Ann picked Lots-O on our trip last year...again with the bad guys...anyway, I thought it was so sweet how he looked like he was waving to her here...she has since seen the movie many times, she still likes him anyway.

335

 Face painting is always a must for Ruth Ann...I managed to talk her into something sweet this year...last year she picked a pirate face complete with a black patched that looked more like a huge black eye by the end of the day...

340

339

344

 Tripp wasn't sure what to think about his sister's makeup...

349

You have to know, when we do Disney, we DO Disney...for us to be gone from our room from 9am-9pm is not uncommon...this meant Tirpp did a lot of napping on the go...I could fill a whole post up with "Places Tripp Slept"...

351

350

 The rest of us enjoyed Beauty and the Beast...

357

 Then headed over to watch Fantasmic...

360

The next day we went back to Magic Kingdom and were joined by Andrea, Anna & Dee (Andrea's mom)...

392

 Ruth Ann, Anna, Andrea and I rode Splash Mountain together...this was Ruth Ann's first real Big Kid ride...she wasn't super excited about, but she made it through and had a lot of fun...but she kept telling me it made her tummy tickle!


After riding Buzz Lightyear I told the kids this was Disney Jail...

397

410

411

 Here's our hotel, Bay Lake Towers, from the ride Ruth Ann & I were spinning around on...

415

And Tripp fell asleep again...

421

 This time Aunt Andrea was there to happily hold this sleeping heavy weight...

418

 Ruth Ann was inducted as pirate by Capt. Jack Sparrow...and here's the paper work to prove it...

437

 We walked and shopped a little bit longer to enjoy every last minute of our last day at Disney...it's never fun leaving...but clearly I couldn't get any more fun out of my kids...

443

I let the both sleep as my mom and I made our way to dinner with Cinderella, the step mother and the step sisters. Luckily Ruth Ann woke up and got to enjoy our last dinner at Disney...

450

This is the most cooperative Ruth Ann has ever been for a picture...I think she may have had a crush on Prince Charming...

451456

458

462

 But Tripp continued to sleep...

464

463

 But Grammy & Ruth Ann enjoyed the show...

468

 Then we headed back to our room, packed up and headed out the next morning...Part 2 of our vacation was just 1 day away...

  post signature

No comments: