Friday, December 21, 2012

Figures...

If you're a mom of 2 or more children...you may have already learned this lesson...but if you're the mom of 1 or are planning to start a family...let this be a cautionary tale...

Since Ruth Ann was born I've lived in fear that she would one day cut her lovely blond locks of hair. Since the play room doubles as my sewing room she has seen me use scissors often...and I have found small cuts in fabric and projects I was working on in the past...but never her hair. When she was in 2 year old preschool her teachers commented on how she didn't use scissors well...and I thought "Well of course she can't, she's not permitted to come within 5 feet of them at home.". Eventually she picked up good scissors skills at school and I did buy some child appropriate scissors for home.

But all this time when I was keeping my eye on Ruth Ann, Tripp saw an opportunity and decided to give himself a hair cut this week while I was taking a shower...

Since having children I have always feared one of them would attempt cutting their own hair...I just assumed the child to do this would be Ruth Ann...I was wrong...

While he is very cute...he cut several inches of hair from the area around his part. And I realize it could be much worse...he turns 2 in a week and I wanted to have 2 year pictures taken & we had pictures with Santa yesterday...so this hair style he selected for himself will be forever remembered in our Christmas 2012 pictures...Merry Christmas!

post signature

No comments: