Thursday, December 2, 2010

2 Year Old

Here are the first pictures of Ruth Ann as a 2 year old...

One with wild hair...which is usually what she looks like first thing in the morning...

010

And one where I've tamed that wild mane...

011

My brain tells me it's true but my heart still believes Ruth Ann just came home from the hospital yesterday. I can not believe how quickly the last 2 years have gone by! We are in the middle of birthday festivities...we celebrated with family last night and Ruth Ann's party is at Little Gym on Sunday afternoon. I had planned on having her party on Saturday at 5pm, but there's a little football game (the SEC Championship) being played and our family needs to be home to cheer the AUBURN TIGERS onto victory. Okay, Ruth Ann and I will be cheering for the AUBURN TIGERS while Arch pulls for his alma mater, the usc gamecocks. Once the game time was announced I promptly had Ruth Ann's party moved...also because most of our friends here also cheer for USC and will be in Atlanta at the game.

Anyway, we met my parents for dinner because my mom's birthday happens to be the day before Ruth Ann's. Here are the 2 birthday girls looking at the card my mom gave Ruth Ann...

019

Although I appreciated the wait staff bringing Ruth Ann's food out first, this meant she was well finished with her meal before ours arrived. She had grown tired of sitting in her high chair and was ready to strech her legs. After 10 minutes of her begging and my dad insisting I was being to hard on her...which is laughable if you know my dad...I decided to let her roam. The resturant was fairly empty and she seemed drawn to this corner...

015

I kinda felt like someone would walk up and tell me "No one puts baby in a corner." but she really didn't stay in any one place for too long and eventually she ended up back in the high chair...oh there were tears, but soon dessert arrived and a love for dessert runs strong in this child so eventually the tears stopped and we enjoyed our dessert together.

Then we headed back home to open a few presents. My mom bought her a dollhouse and my sister-in-law bought her the family to go with it...

021

She loves it! I wasn't sure how she would like it, but in the last few weeks she has really taken to the concept of pretending. My dad helped me assemble the house...which was very easy...and she started playing right away. We all got a good laugh at the grandparents in this family...

022

My mom has said this before and I agree...grandparents today don't look like they use to...these two could be great-grandparents!

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I've come to the conclusion I'm not going to be able to stop you from growing up but you're never going to be able to stop me from seeing you as my Baby Girl...which I intend on calling you well into your 30's!

post signature

No comments: