Saturday, December 4, 2010

I believe in Auburn & LOVE IT!!

I've been waiting for this night to come for a long time. All of my USC friends who I talk to on a regular basis have been nothing but kind in the recent weeks since USC was crowned SEC East Champions...I wish the same could be said for my Facebook friends. I honestly should have taken a Facebook break but I just can't seem to break the habit. Oh the trash talk I've endured...but finally, the game is over, Auburn is victorious and hopefully the trash talking won't take a bitter turn...although I feel it already has. Rather than be obnoxious about our victory I would like to share the Auburn Creed with you. I have big plans for teaching Ruth Ann the words to this creed and sending it to Auburn in the hopes of getting a scholarship for the years 2026-2030. Until I have a video of Ruth Ann reciting the creed, let me share this with you...

THE AUBURN CREED

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.
-George Petrie (1945)

Don't get me wrong, I love Auburn football, and I especially love an undefeated Auburn football team, but more than all of that...I just love Auburn. Cam Newton and a winning football team don't define what Auburn means to me.

USC friends, I think your team has great things in store and I'll be cheering on the Gamecocks with you (as long as they aren't playing Auburn)...but tonight it is with great pride I say WAR EAGLE!! I wish I could be in Glendale to see the Tigers play for the National Championship, but I don't think they let you fly at 38 weeks pregnant. If Baby Boy is born on the night of the championship game and if Auburn wins...the name Cam may move to the top of the list for baby names!

post signature

1 comment:

Melanie said...

WAR EAGLE, I believe in Auburn and love it too.