Sunday, January 6, 2013

He's a 2 Year Old

Well, it happened...my baby boy turned 2...

Tonight I held a very sweet 1 day old baby boy...and I just can't believe that 2 very short years ago my baby boy was the very same size...I'm going to sit in my crying corner now...

No matter how many times I've begged for time to "SLOW DOWN ALREADY!!"...it simply hasn't...

006

Thankfully, those cheeks are just as chubby and those lips are just as plumb as they've always been...

279

But those sweet little rings that lined his arms and legs...they just about disappeared now...

026

He's just as happy and sweet as he's always been...

011

And even though it took him a few months to appreciate his pacie...he still loves it more than any other thing in his possession...

059

040

He still wears smocking because his momma is in control of his attire...but I fear this may be my last summer to dress him in a jon-jon...I'm sure to shed a tear or two at the end of the summer when the jon-jon era comes to an end...



007

059

069

012

(I love the picture above...even though Tripp isn't smiling & looks like he wants to punch someone...he looks so much like a "Becker" in this picture and my Papaw use to always say he was going to give us a "knuckle sandwich"...this was Tripp's first knuckle sandwich)

017

034

It hurts my heart to look back at these pictures and realize how much time has gone by and how much I've already forgotten...like how tiny newborn feet are...now they're extra wide feet that I can't seem to wedge into his red Keds no matter how hard I try.

013

And only 2 years have gone by...I'm telling you I will be a complete basket case when or if my babies ever leave the nest...and I'll probably be the WORST mother-in-law in history to the sweet girl who marries this boy...because when I look at him I'm taken back to this moment...

710

And I'm not sure I'll ever believe someone will be good enough for my baby boy! Who still makes this face...

720

Oh sweet Tripp-man, I know time is going to continue to fly by right before my eyes...it's my goal to treasure and enjoy each moment because I know you have great things ahead of you.  I love you more than you will ever know and I'm so thankful that you were given to us to make our family complete.  Happy 2nd Birthday buddy!


post signature

1 comment:

Brantley said...

Happy birthday, Tripp!!