Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Tait's last days in South Carolina

Three years ago while I was on my family vacation, my roommate from college (Candi Collier Tait) called to tell me her husband was being transferred from Paris, Texas to Aiken, South Carolina. For those of you unfamiliar with South Carolina geography, Aiken is only about a 45 minute drive from Lexington. I was trilled!

This past summer while I was on my family vacation Candi called me again...this time to tell me her husband had taken a job in Houston, Texas. For those of you unfamiliar with South Eastern United States geography, Houston is about a 14 hour drive or a 2 1/2 hour flight from Lexington. I was less than trilled.

While Chuck (Candi's husband) made the long drive in their vechile to Houston on Saturday, she and their kids (Reagan and Landon) spent the weekend with the McCarty family. Here are some pictures from our weekend.


Here's me, Candi, Landon (held by Candi) & Reagan at the airport.


Landon loved Shelby & Shelby loved Landon...especially when Landon left food on his hands and face. Shelby showed Landon a lot of love. It's hard to decide which one is cuter in this picture.


Reagan is not a big fan of animals, but she warmed up to both the cats and to Shelby. Although Landon looks somewhat afraid of Fluffy in this picture, he loved the cats and petted them frequently. I think I may have just caught him at a bad moment when I took this picure.


Here are Spencer and Landon spending some time together. As always, Spencer was great with my friends children.



Like most people, our fridge is covered with pictures of friends and family. Last year while tailgating at an Auburn football game I took a picture with Landon that is hands down one of the best pictures I've ever taken. This photo will remain on our fridge forever! However, I don't have a picture with me and Reagan. I wanted to make sure Reagan and I got a picture before they left South Carolina so she would also have a place on our fridge.

Good bye Chuck, Candi, Reagan & Landon! We'll miss you! Spencer is already talking about taking a trip to visit Houston. With a soon-to-be family of 4 we'll need to start saving our pennies now!

post signature

No comments: