Thursday, September 13, 2012

Grandparent's Day

So I think technically Grandparent's Day was last Sunday...but today they celebrated Grandparent's Day in Ruth Ann's class...Grammy was the only one who could make it...

003

I was surprised to find I was the only parent there...last year there were parents & grandparents...apparently "the cord" gets cut at Mt. Hebron Day School between the 2 & 3 year old class. Each child was called up one at a time to introduce their grandparent(s) and then tell everyone what they liked to do with them. There were 2 kids who didn't have a grandparent there...one looked heartbroken, I wanted to go hug her neck. After living in Auburn for 6 years I could have easily moved anywhere else and probably been just fine...I'd gotten over the initial feelings of homesickness years earlier. But I decided to move home because after an entire childhood of living 4 hours away from my grandparents and only seeing them about 4 times a year, I really wanted to live in the same town as my parents so my kids could see their grandparents often. Then I married a local guy and I'm lucky to provide my children with lots of time with both sets of grandparents. Ruth Ann doesn't know how lucky she is right now...she thinks everyone gets to see their grandparents on almost a daily basis and is confused when she finds out not everyone does the same thing. When those 2 kids didn't get to introduce their grandparents today I was never more happy about my decision to move home...and for a mom who was willing to go into work late so Ruth Ann could have a grandparent there today...thanks for coming to school today Grammy! Ruth Ann showed Grammy her favorite center to play in....

009

And showed her who her best friend is...

007

Then we looked at some of Ruth Ann's latest art work...the eyes were made from the tops of pill bottles which Grammy...the pharmacist...noticed right away...

012

Then we picked up Tripp-man and got a quick picture before Grammy headed back to work...

015

post signature

No comments: