Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm still here...just a lazier version of me

Wow, I've really neglected my blog lately...here's my excuses...1-Our desktop computer got hit by lightening...to be specific, our cable line got hit by lightening and it took out our desktop & 2 tvs.  Since I've wanted the new lap top to be devoted only to my budding embroidery business I'm hesitant to dump photos from my camera onto the lap top.  Arch assures me he'll be repairing our family computer soon...but I have a feeling it will be too much trouble and he'll buy a new one.  Until then I need to get pictures and videos off the old computer and onto our external hard drive, but that's not your problem so I'm not sure why I'm sharing that detail.  2-I'm become addicted to Instagram...if you would like to follow me there my name is taramccarty1978.  All the pictures I seem to take lately are with my phone and what I love about Instagram is that it will send them to my Flickr account...so today I'll be updating you on our summer so far via my Instagram pictures... We've spent a lot of time in the water...either at the lake or in my mom's pool...
  Mastering the art of floating

Tripp has amazed me at how quickly it has taken him to master his floaties...it took Ruth Ann all summer when she was this age, but this little guy seems determined to keep up with his big sister!

Here's Arch with his small, medium and large babies...how unfair is it that they ALL look like him!

 My hubby with all 3 of his babies...Happy Father's Day!It may be Father's Day...but Ruth Ann is momma's girl! Livin' the dream

We only wish this belonged to us...I've wanted a jet ski for a while. Arch keeps looking for a good deal but it's crazy expensive to even buy a used one...I think our search will continue for a while! We've had lazy days snuggling in the bed late into the morning since this sweet girl is out of school...

My favorite girl doing her favorite thing...watching cartoons in mommy's room before bed...she can stop growing up too!

Tripp has had MULTIPLE fat lips...I'm currently gathering a well stock first aid kit because I've found little boys to be bleeders!

2nd busted lip in 2 weeks...I need to invest in a fully stocked first aid kit because I'm finding that little boys are bleeders!

We went to the beach...this was actually our 2nd trip to visit my friend Page who very kindly allows us to invade her space whenever we like.

Is there a better place to spend the afternoon??

Arch came along on this trip which was a nice break for me and I could actually enjoy some time chatting and not chasing kids!

My view today......because monograms aren't just for girls Becoming a professional beach bum! sandy buggy...

Tripp took a few short naps on the beach...but he's growing tired of this kind of napping because the naps are getting shorter and shorter. There may not be anything sweeter than a baby napping on the beach in his diaper!

After only 6 hours of sleep and an hour of screaming to fight a nap...he's finally asleep...can I get a Praise Jesus!Just like rest of his family...he's not going to waste time sleeping at the beach! #sleepingisoverrated Staying hydrated Someone found his favorite thing at the beach...

 Some of us were more worn out than others...

All ready for dinner...and she's passed out!Tripp says "Look at my tan lines!"

A fun weekend makes for a quite ride home...

Beach induced exhaustion... 


Ruth Ann took swimming lessons and by day 3 was swimming! I'm so proud of her and have plans for early lessons next summer followed by signing her up for swim team. I'm told they start at age 4 and it's basically 3 days a week of swimming and then the parents stand around cheering them on while the big kids really compete. I think it will be great practice and Ruth Ann really seems to enjoy swimming anyway!

2 monogramed peas in a pod! 


This is our sweet friend Mary Beth...don't let the bows and monograms fool you...these two are tough...they asked if they could do a super hero picture...watch out 3-4 year old boys in the greater Lexington area...these girls are equal parts sassy and bossy!

Monogramed action figures! 


We've had lots of hot weather...this was day 1 of the heat wave...it was 106 on some days...

The heat wave has officially hit Lexington! 


Ruth Ann and I both love El Chico's...tex-mex...but Arch hates it, so she and I had a mommy-daughter lunch date...

Lunch with my girl at our favorite...El-o Chico's...at least that's what she calls it! 


We went back to my mom's pool for some more swimming...

Nap time poolside


Where Tripp refused to nap...

World's most stubborn child...my kids may not look a whole lot like me but the act 100% Becker!


Ruth Ann played with some of our favorite friends...

Floating friends

Girls float! 


And Tripp drank half a box of Capri-Sun Roaring Waters...

Summer time = drinking a Capri-Sun dry 


Then we went back to the lake for the 4th of July...

Friendly reminder from Tripp-man to stay hydrated on this very hot 4th of July! 


And Tripp longingly watch others playing on the lake...

You'll get to play on the lake one day buddy...but not just yet!


Then we went the Brown's annual 4th of July party...

Brothers 


And as you can see Tripp drank more Capri-Sun's...and hung out with his big brother that we don't see often enough these days.

More brothers... 


Ruth Ann briefly held a sparkler...shortly after I got this picture a spark hit her and that was it for firework fun for this girl...we also celebrated our 2nd amendment rights as demonstrated by my 3 year old holding  a toy hand gun!

Sparklers...check! 


On days where we didn't make it to my mom's pool or the lake we got out our little plastic pool...and Tripp proceeded to empty the water one cup at a time...

Is there any wonder why the bathroom floor is usually covered in water after bath time?? 


Thus explaining why the bathroom floor is always wet after bath time. 


 Ruth Ann and I made our first trip to the library. I took her picture in front of this statue outside the library because it's in honor of Ms. Bedenbaugh who my elementary school librarian...and maybe 3 other generations of people too...she was there for 40 years! 




Ruth Ann and Lacie Lou enjoyed some painting time together on the iPad...such a fun app!

Paint for Cats app...fun for your cat and your preschooler! 


We went to a fun party for our friend Ben...it took Ruth Ann a little while to warm up but she was sliding and having fun...eventually...

Ok, she's back...it just some time for her to warm up! 


Tripp tried to relive his days in the baby swing by using the play swing for Ruth Ann's baby dolls...

Someone may miss his baby swing...secretly, I miss strapping him in the baby swing too...


I thought Ruth Ann had cleaned up her play kitchen...until I opened the cabinet door...not as clean as I thought...

I thought the play kitchen looked unusually clean...until I opened the cabinet...Ruth Ann has adopted her Daddy's favorite method of cleaning!


Tripp played with baby dolls...which I'm certain will make him a great daddy one day!

Raising a boy who will one day be a sweet daddy...or a boy who is bossed by his sister too much...or maybe both! 


Tripp had his 18mth check up...which meant shots...he didn't know what was coming when I took this picture...

18 mth check up...poor chubby fellow...he doesn't know shots are in his future


I organized and put away my spring fabric...all of which was bought with a project in mind...now they'll be projects for Spring/Summer 2013!

Hi, my name is Tara & I buy too much fabric... 


And Tripp did some more sleeping...I laugh when I find him this way because I know he's really sleeping hard...the higher his behind is the better he's sleeping!

The higher the hiney the better this baby boy is sleeping!


And that brings up to date. Ruth Ann and I are on our way back to the beach tomorrow afternoon...so I'm sure I'll be blowing up my Instagram this weekend too!



post signature

No comments: