Friday, October 14, 2011

Dad's Night

Last night was Dad's Night at Ruth Ann's pre-school...here is my favorite Daddy/Daughter pair before they left for their big night...

014
(for anyone wondering who Ruth Ann looks more like...the answer is right in front of your face.  For moms who have children who look like you...please tell me what that feels like...neither of mine seem to have inherited any of my looks...which is 100% unfair since I was the one pregnant for 9 months and Tripp should be my little twin considering how terrible labor was with him!)

After they left the school he took her to Yummilious...which is her fave so I know he was trying to make the night extra special for her. When they got home I asked all about the night...because part of me was a little jealous they have Dad's Night in October, but Mom's Night is not until January. I try not to be a "helicopter mom" but I really want to know all about how Ruth Ann is behaving/playing/participating/etc. while she's at school. I thought they would be in their own classrooms doing activities with their teachers...but I was wrong. They served Chick-fil-a and then went into different classrooms for different activities. Arch complained the lines were too long to do all the stations and he thought even at Ruth Ann's age...and she's in one of the youngest classes at this school...the activities were too simple. Then about 15 minutes later he turned to me and said "You know what, Ruth Ann really does not like to wait in line." Seriously...where do you think she inherited that??? I reminded him of what he had just said 15 minutes prior to which he had no response. They both had fun and Ruth Ann went to sleep asking if tomorrow could be Dad's Night too...I think Daddy/Daughter dates are going to have become a regular activity at our house!

post signature

No comments: