Friday, November 4, 2011

The Brown's Annual Pumpkin Carving Extravaganza

It's been a few weeks since I posted last...life has been busy so now I'm getting ready to blow your blogging socks off with potentially multiple posts today...we'll start where life left off with my last post...

If the McCarty family is anything...we're competitive...sometimes to a fault. On a pretty regular basis Ruth Ann announces she is racing me to her room, to the bathroom, to the living....etc, etc. If you know me & my husband personally you're not the least bit surprised to hear we have produced an uber competitive child. There's one competition our whole family looks forward to every year and that's the Brown's pumpkin carving competition...but first we always head to a local church to pick the perfect pumpkin...

001

I love all the pumpkins lined up in nice rows and this always makes for a great photo op...

Here are my little residents of OZ...

I've basically given up trying to get a picture where both my children are looking at the camera...especially when we're in public, so here's one good one of Ruth Ann...and then one good one of Tripp...

004

007

I also wanted to get a cute picture of Tripp crawling down an isle...but he wasn't interested, so this is the best I could get...you know how I love those sweet lips...

018

And while I was doing this...Ruth Ann was in the car doing this with the stickers she got from the pumpkin patch...

022

Now let me say this...this wasn't my first rodeo at pumpkin carving...even though Sally has lots of stencils available for carving...I brought my own this year and I upped my bling factor this year...

029

But the competition was steep because there was some serious pumpkin carving going on...

025

027

028

036

040

034

You may have noticed kids for the most part are noticeably absent since all the adults were seriously concentrating on their pumpkins. Spencer is always a hit at the Brown's party and I'm not sure what we'll do in 2 years when he's off at college and no longer wants to hang out with us at the Brown's party...

033

You may also have noticed that the kids are all dressed up in their Halloween costumes...Sally use to have a competition for adult costumes, but over time most of the adults have stopped dressing up so there was no competition this year. And Sally never has a competition for the kids...she gives them all a treat for being there...but had there been a competition...this sweet girl may have taken home the grand prize...

042

But these two sweet girls looked pretty cute themselves...

052

And this was the best picture I could get of my little lion on the prowl...

047

Thanks again Sally for a fun time! Can't wait until next year!

post signature

1 comment:

Auralee said...

Great pumpkin and cute outfits!