Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I've already pre-ordered mine

A few years ago I started reading Big Mama's blog. In a word...hilarious. After I shower in the morning and sit back down in the bed to apply my make-up as Ruth Ann watches cartoons I break out my iPad to read her latest post. Her husband reminds me SO much of my own husband and I love the way she writes...I like to think we have very similar writing styles...although if I'm being honest, she's way better than I am.

Anyway, she has a friend who wrote this cookbook...

Pioneer woman 1

And I must have have talked about how much I wanted it because my friend Sally got it for me for Christmas...but you know the rule about not buying yourself any gifts around Christmas time...I totally broke it and ended up buying to for myself a few weeks earlier. Sally exchanged it for another cook book I had my eye on, so all's well that ends well.

This cookbook in NO WAY follows the South Beach rules I've been so strictly living by since October...which by the way, I'm 1 1/2 pounds from hitting my wedding day weight, that's been a goal of mine for a while...but my next goal is to drop 10 more pounds...which will be the slimmest of my entire life...at least the life where I thought weighing myself was important. I'm not entirely sure I can pull that goal off, but I'm sure going to try.

Anyway, after reading Big Mama today I learn the Pioneer Woman has a second cookbook coming out...

pioneer woman2


I've already pre-ordered mine from Amazon and look forward to the day it arrives at my front door so I can start planning my celebratory meal when I hit my unrealistic weight loss goal...I'm drooling a little bit just thinking about it!

post signature

1 comment:

Auralee said...

Wow - I need to order one too! I'm so proud of you from your weight accomplishment! That is totally awesome. Keep shedding the pounds.