Friday, March 23, 2012

March 25, 2011

069

March 16, 2012

008

March 25, 2011

060

March 16, 2012

003

Pass the tissues...how can these be the same babies??? Time is going too quickly! Today wasn't an exceptionally busy morning...I just had 2 errands to run, one to the sewing store and the other to Publix. However, when Ruth Ann walks through the doors of the sewing store she turns into a crazy child who wants nothing but to run around between the rows of fabric. I think back to the years my mom would drag me and my brother to Piece Goods...a fabric chain store...and how much trouble we would get in for not listening...guess what, God has a wicked sense of humor and I'm now walking around in my mother's shoes. To say I was frustrated is a HUGE understatement. Then we headed to Publix...which is my favorite grocery store, but grocery shopping is my least favorite activity...I hate making a list of what to buy, I hate paying for the food and I hate putting the food away when I get home....added to the fact that I've been dieting for 6 months and can't even eat the food I want so I currently also hate cooking the food too.  But above all those things, I hate when I get to Publix and all the good kids carts are taken. For those not familiar with the kids carts at Publix let me explain...there are 2 different buggies (i.e. grocery carts) at our Publix...one is very easy to drive because the distance from the handle where you are pushing to the end of the buggy is the same as the average buggy, the second adds an extra 2 feet making it feel like you're driving a Grey Hound bus through the store. Who knew Friday at 11am is when all the moms with kids go to the grocery store...leaving only 1 buggy and it was the Grey Hound variety.  Some might ask why I didn't just use your standard buggy...well, when you're shopping with 2 kids and you want to keep them both in the buggy and actually fill the buggy with food, you need the kid buggy for the double seating up front.  If I asked Ruth Ann once, I asked her a hundred times to SIT DOWN. At check out I realized all the standing was necessary for her to reach a few extra things to toss in the buggy...this only heightened my already soaring frustration.

But then I got home and the computer screen saver had some pictures of Ruth Ann and Tripp flashing up that were taken during Tripp's first weeks home. Between holding a new baby this week and seeing those pictures I'm starting to feel rotten about how frustrated I was this morning. My children act just like every other 3 year old and 14 month old...and I'm reminding myself they are only going to be living with me for 18 years...then our time of being around each other morning, noon and night will end. When I look at these pictures and see how quickly the last year has gone by or when I think about how the last 15 years since I was living in my own parents house have flown by I start to feel sad...I just hope I can keep that thought with me the next time I'm fabric shopping and my child is knocking down elderly ladies as she shows off her mad running skills!

post signature

No comments: