Saturday, March 17, 2012

What are the odds??

My friends Brantley, Sally and I all have a very unique thing in common...

Meet Sally's oldest...Jay...4th of July Baby...

028

And then there's my baby boy...Tripp...New Year's Day Baby...

095

And the newest member of the Holiday Baby Club...Brantley's new little boy...Duncan... St. Patrick's Day Baby...

010

This sweet boy had us all waiting and eagerly looking forward to his arrival. His older brothers came earlier than expected so of course his parents and doctors were all convinced he would do the same...but Duncan has already taught his parents that he's going to march to beat of his own drum. Brantley had an induction scheduled for this coming Monday...but he picked St. Patty's day to be his birthday...which may also be his way of letting his mom and dad know he's planning on being a party animal...which I kinda don't think his daddy will mind too much!

So what are the odds that between 3 friends with 7 kids that 3 of those same kids would be born on holidays?? Sally is due to have her 3rd on August 19th so I don't think we'll have another holiday baby this year...however, Arch's birthday is August 27th and he might argue that his birthday should be a holiday.  And the holiday's they're born on are also stationary holidays....I'm not sure if that's a real word, but what I mean by it is they are always celebrated on the same day...unlike, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Labor Day...etc. which move around on the calendar.  And to make it even more interesting, Betsy was 1 day late from being a Leap Year Baby...Sally really didn't want that to happen and somehow managed to avoid having her on Leap Day by just a few hours.

My family had lots of fun meeting the newest member of the Clark Boys and look forward to seeing him grow up with the rest of the group.  Tripp has been the baby boy in my life for the last year and holding Baby Duncan while Tripp ran around like a crazy child was so strange...we'll running around and inspecting the plumbing with his sister...

014

Brantley's already witnessed first hand how quickly time passes so I know she's going to enjoy every last minute with this sweet boy!  Ruth Ann has said a million times since we left "Baby Duncan is soooo sweet!"...and he is so sweet...she and I will be heading over to the Clark House any time we need to do some baby lovin'!

post signature

1 comment:

Brantley said...

When Sally was pregnant with Betsy I predicted that she would be born on St. Patrick's Day! Little did I know what was in store for me 4 years later! Hooray for holiday babies!