Thursday, June 3, 2010

Secrets...

We've been keeping a little secret around the McCarty house...we've slowly let the secret out to friends and family, so I guess it's time to make a public announcement on the blog...I'll let Ruth Ann share the news...

054

I guess she'll officially be a "Big Sis" on January 16, 2011...give or take a day! We're very excited and still in a little bit of shock to soon have 3 children in our house...we're letting them out number the parents! When I got married to Arch I told him I had always wanted 3 children...since he already had Spencer (my 15 year-old step-son), I got one child with the marriage which is easier on your figure than the alternative of child birth! When we decided to have our first child together it took almost a year and half. Those were long hard months, but in the end Ruth Ann was totally worth it all! So in April we decided we were ready for a our 2nd baby...and in May I was pregnant...it's so crazy how much my body has changed since having Ruth Ann and this Fertile Myrtle pregnancy is just another example. Arch and I were both a little shocked we got pregnant so quickly this time, but on Tuesday we went to the doctor for my first ultrasound and saw Baby McCarty with a little flickering heart beat...yep, I'm pregnant! It was kinda weird being back in my OB's office pregnant again. I kinda felt like I had just done all these same appointments with Ruth Ann, but it's been 2 years ago...time is going way to quickly. I loved seeing the ultrasound, but with Ruth Ann I ended up having more than my fair share of ultrasounds from weeks 16-24 so we saw lots of profile shots, arms, legs, etc...this first ultrasound looks like a lima bean...no identifiable body parts yet...I'm left now to wait for week 20 when we get to see a little developed baby...I can't wait.

Here are some questions I've been asked so far, and maybe one of these has crossed your mind too...

1. How far apart will Ruth Ann and Baby be?

25 months, Ruth Ann's b-day is Dec. 1st and Baby should be here mid-January

2. How are you feeling?

Ask me in first thing in the morning, I feel great...ask me between lunch and bed time, I feel like I'm going to be sick. Just like with my first go round, I start getting sick to my stomach at lunch time and it lasts until I go to bed. I'm taking meds just like before and it does take the edge off, but I still feel yucky. I've been on South Beach for the last 5 months and lost 25-30lbs. I had planned on staying true to the diet and avoid white flour and sugar...but guess what makes me feel better??? Animal crackers...and the are far from South Beach friendly. Thankfully I know this will only last until about week 14, so the end isn't too far off. If history repeats itself the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth sailing!

3. Do you want a boy or girl?

With Ruth Ann I would have answered GIRL everytime I was asked...but with Baby I feel like since we already have one of each then it really doesn't matter. A boy will throw a serious wrench in our current room assignments...I'll be losing my sewing room until Spencer graduates in 3 years and we'll need to do some work on the room over the garage to make it living area for Spencer, but I know my parents would really love a grandson so a boy would be a blessing. I also have a feeling God has a plan for me to relive all the fights my brother and I ever had through my mother's eyes...which makes me pretty sure I'll be seeing blue in my future. If it is a girl, then Ruth Ann will get a roommate and Baby will get to use all the cute clothes Ruth Ann barely wore. We will be finding out at 20 weeks (or sooner if I have my way!) so I'll keep you posted!

4. Is this your last?

Yes, yes and yes. I wanted 3 and in January we'll have 3. I'm still worried about handling 2 small children so I'm sure this is my last turn at being pregnant.

I'm looking forward to pulling out my maternity clothes in the weeks ahead and getting reaquainted with my old friend "Elastic Waist Pants". I'm not showing yet, but I can hardly wait to slip into those comfy clothes again! I'll be taking exactly the same number of belly pictures as I did before...ZERO. I didn't get strech marks with Ruth Ann, but I just don't love looking at my own growing belly, so I'm not going to force you to look at it either. I'll keep you posted on all other aspects though!

post signature

6 comments:

Auralee said...

So excited for all of you! It's going to be lots of fun.

Melanie said...

Oh I am so happy for you. I mean I think you have lost your mind, but if anyone can handle twop tiny tykes at one time you can. Can't wait to hear all about you new little addition.
Love you,
Melanie

The 1st of May said...

I know a question I meant to ask about 8 seconds I left after the day you told me...Names?!

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Congratulations to all of you!

Brantley said...

So exciting!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you!!! Do you think the SB diet helped? I may be giving it a whorl!