Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Summer time is calling my name...

This warm weather has me ready for summer in more ways than one...of course I'm ready for warm afternoons spent with my toes dangling in my mom's swimming pool with my friends and their sweet kiddos...but more than that, I'm ready to see my sweet chubby boy in a jon-jon &/or bubble. A few weeks ago I tested a little boy at work who was a month younger than Tripp-man and his mom had him a sweet blue plaid bubble with white shoes...I know wearing white shoes before Easter violates the rules of fashion, but when Easter falls in April and it's been unseasonably warm here in SC rules must be broken. After he left I could not stop thinking about how quickly I needed to get my hands on some fabric and get started on Tripp's summer wardrobe. Shortly after, this is what my kitchen counter looked like...

003

I usually have friends who ask how I have time to do this between working part time and have 2 small children...well, because while I'm doing what I love, my house looks like this...here's the cold hard truth...

011

and this...

014

and this...

015

and I won't even show you the bedrooms or my sewing room, but you get the idea. Moms who put on a front of being able to cook, clean, sew, chauffeur...etc are keeping all their dirty & messy little secrets stuffed behind closed doors...I promise! I don't for one second try to pretend I can juggle it all...I can't. Sewing is my stress relief and when I'm busy sewing, my husband has to fend for himself for his meals...I figure he managed to feed himself before he met me so he can do the same now. My sewing room is also our playroom so the kids are usually in the room with me and as you can see from the first picture of the cold hard truth, Tripp is usually always at my feet no matter where I am...unless Daddy is home and then he alternates. Some might say I'm selfish, but it makes me happy to sew for my children and to have some time that's kinda all to myself...and you'll never hear me tell another momma it's selfish to be happy!

post signature

No comments: