Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ada is 2!!

043

As much as I can't believe Ruth Ann will be one next week, I can't believe Ada is 2! It feels like yesterday that we were at the beach with Toni & Adam when we found out this baby would be a girl and Toni spent the entire week with morning (& afternoon & evening) sickness.

Last weekend Spencer, Ruth Ann and I drove to Walhalla to celebrate Ada's 2nd birthday. It was a "Bug" theme and all the decorations were super cute!

090

028

031


Ada got a kitchen for her birthday from her momma, so I bought some accessories for the kitchen...and I gave her the birthday outfit she's wearing if you haven't already figured that out!

032

Ruth Ann & I have been to several toddler birthday's this year and what I've learned has changed my belief of a well wrapped gift. I've said before that I would one day like to own a children's clothing store. One thing I would like for my store to excel in is gift wrap. I'm very particular about my gift wrap & would NEVER give a gift in a bag with tissue paper. I want crisp corners and beautiful bows. At Christmas time I'm known to have all my gifts match under the tree and I love a bow fit for Southern Living! However, after watching toddler's struggle to open well wrapped gifts while tearing into bags with tissue paper...I've changed my belief system for children's presents...use a bag, they love throwing the paper...these pictures are all the evidence you need...

076

078

080

083

Then it was time for cupcakes...all I can say about Ada and her technique for eating her cupcake is that she is a child after my own heart. I remember tearing the bottom off of cupcakes to only eat the icing...her method is very similar!

049

And then the party was over and Ada wanted to head to the playground. I think this picture clearly says "Peace out, thanks for coming to my party, I gotta go now, Love Ada!"

093



post signature

No comments: