Saturday, November 7, 2009

Maybe she'll be a runner after all

Let me be frank...I hate running. Several times in my adult years I have made the decision to force myself to love running since runners are almost always beautiful people...and don't we all want to be one of the beautiful people?? Even up until the month before I found out I was pregnant with Ruth Ann I was trying to turn my hatred of the sport into a love. My friend Brantley and I joined a running group with the goal to complete a 5k at the end of the 12 week class. I dropped out 4 weeks in when I found out I was expecting. But Brantley kept up the good work and ran 2 5k races!

Anyway, Arch too doesn't run unless he's being chased (these are his words, not mine) so I've kinda thought it's just not in Ruth Ann's genes to be a runner. But today we went to watch my cousin Seth & his high school cross country team at the state cross country meet.

003

Seth finished in 11th place for 1A schools and his team won the state 1A title!

001

006

005

So maybe there's hope for Ruth Ann and one day she'll be the runner I've always dreamed of being!

Here is Ruth Ann catching up with my Aunt Jill. She kept laughing with my aunt so it was hard to get a picture of her looking at the camera!

010

post signature

No comments: