Friday, January 27, 2012

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

So last week I showed you this picture of how Ruth Ann was behaving while I was trying to get a photo of her for her Valentine's Day cards...


I was able to get a really cute picture of her, despite the terrible behavior and came home to make this...(I store photos off sight with Flickr, so I used their editing software to add the text)


And then ordered 20 copies through Shutterfly, also associated with Flickr, which arrived this week and I finished assembling Ruth Ann's Valentine's Day cards for her friends at school...I usually order all my pictures from Mpix, but I couldn't figure out how to save the edit version of my picture back to my computer and it was just easier to order through Shutterfly rather than waste time figuring my computer out.  Now that I have the pictures in hand I should have not left my text so close to the edge of the photo.  Although nothing was cut off, part of the "y" in Day was nearly removed from the picture.
Here is the result...


So CUTE! And I wish I could take full credit for this idea, but my creative friend Sally who has a gift for finding even more creative ideas on the internet found this idea and forwarded to me a few weeks ago. Although it took a little prep work, like taking a good picture & then adding the text, the assembly was very quick and easy...I highly recommend it. I've had friends make home made Valentine's and they spend hours cutting, pasting, adding candy, etc...this was so easy!

And one other note, the picture I used was actually taken AFTER the meltdown pictured above...proof as to how unpredictable & fast the tides of drama can change when you have a 3 year old little girl. You never know when the drama will arrive and you can never guess how long it will last...I'm sure my husband feels the same way about the Ruth Ann's momma too!

post signature


The 1st of May said...

They turned out GREAT!!!

The 1st of May said...

PS...A tip with the wording is...crop the image to the photo size you are going to use (4 x 6) prior to editing and it should be pretty true to size when you print.