Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dinner with old friends

I'm a proud graduate of Lexington High School, Class of 1996...yikes, that was a long time ago. Two of my good friends from high school were Lisa B. and Aimee W. (I'm not sharing their names encase they don't want it broadcasted on my blog...per Sally B.'s advise...I'm protecting her too...only Sally B. and Brantley C. may understand this!) Anyway, Lisa and I were good friends and sat next to each other in homeroom all through high school and were so excited to know that at graduation we could keep each other company during the long boring ceremony...however, we discovered at graduation rehearsal that I would end the row and she would begin the next row...huge bummer, but we survived this upset to go on to be productive members of society. Aimee moved to our town from a more cheesy state when we were in the 6th grade. I met her then, but we didn't really become good friends until we were in high school when Lisa was the friend we had in common. Lisa and Aimee both attended The College of Charleston, but I ventured farther South to The Plains (Auburn University for those of you who have not been following along to past posts) but I stayed in touch with these girls all along the way. Lisa moved back home and worked with my mom for a little while so we've never lost touch, but Aimee fell in love with a boy from New Jersey and moved to NYC to be with her man...

012

it wasn't until I fell prey to the influence of Facebook that we reconnected and started to keep in touch like old friends should. Lisa now has 2 precious boys and Aimee recently had her first. She was in town this past week, so I invited everyone over so we could meet Baby Jack.

014
(oh it hurts my heart to post this picture since I look crap-tastic in it...but it was the only one I had of all three of us)

Ruth Ann had not seen Lisa's youngest in a while, so she had to reacquaint herself by stealing some of his toys and then pretending to share with him...

004

002

However, she did show him some love...p.s. this is Ruth Ann's old Bumbo that we got out for the baby boy to sit in.

009

007

These 2 are just a little over one year apart...it's amazing to look at this baby and imagine that one short year ago, this was what Ruth Ann was like!

Lisa's oldest is very shy...Ruth Ann was very forward and scared the poor guy into his father's arms!

010

He warmed up when we got the wagon out for a quick ride...

011

Aimee has confirmed that there will be more frequent visits to SC per her mom's request thanks to this little guy...

015

...which makes me very happy! I can't wait for future playdates with my old friends and Ruth Ann's new friends!

post signature

No comments: