Saturday, April 3, 2010

What we've been up to...

Sorry for the delay in posting...I don't have a good excuse, so I won't even try to supply one. Instead I'll fill you in on some of the things we've been up to...

So I teased you with this picture...

053

And you may have been wondering what it was all about...well, for Ruth Ann's birthday her Aunt Toni and Cousin Ada got her this fabulous sandbox complete with purple sand...did you even know there was such a thing?? Here was Ruth Ann's introduction to playing in the sandbox...

058

She tried to make an escape...

062

but I stopped her to take just a few more pictures...please don't call child services, I promise, she's fine...

061

As you can tell, Ruth Ann was not a fan of the sand box. The sand was wet, so I'm hoping when it dries out she'll love it. During the weekend prior to this picture Ruth Ann spend the better part of her day in a sand pile at my parent's house with her Cousin Ada, however she was fully clothed that day, so that may have had something to do with it. You may be asking yourself why Ruth Ann is stripped down to her bloomers in this picture?? The answer is because when you play in purple sand your skin looks like this...

056

We do have play clothes, but at this time it hasn't been unpacked.

I have since arranged for a play date with an expert in the art of sand play...Cousin Ada. I hoping her hard feelings toward the sandbox will turn around this weekend!

Ruth Ann also went to her first BC baseball game to support our favorite BC Bearcat...Spencer. Unfortunately (for Mommy & Daddy) Ruth Ann doesn't want to watch the game as much as she wants to show up looking cute, walk around, pick up rocks, and point out balls. Not so much fun for the parents, so Ruth Ann's evenings at the ball park may be limited. But she was super cute...

067

We also took advantage of the beautiful warm weather and went to the zoo with some old friends and some new friends...

045

The obnoxious flash in the background is me...it makes my skin crawl and also notice the collection of mommies in the reflection...we were all trying to get a good picture...good luck to anyone trying to take a picture of 6 kids ages 15 months to 3 years old...this was the best I could get.

The zoo had a group of 2 month old goats...

034

Cute now, but this is what they grow up to look like...

029

My heart does have a warm spot for these goats...my Aunt Jill had this same type of goat when I was little and she use to let use ride on his back like a horse...her Oscar was just as ugly, but some might say he was so ugly he was cute!

We've also done a little hunting this week...Easter egg hunting that is...

078

My friend Sally invited us over for a grill out and egg hunt last weekend. I'm a little disappointed to say that Ruth Ann may not have inherited my competitive nature...she had very little interest in the egg hunt, but we'll be working on this for next year. Watch out Egg Hunt 2011, Ruth Ann McCarty will be ready to win and win BIG...see, I told you, I'm competitive!

Some of our other friends were there too...Mason did a pretty good job filling his basket, but he had a little 4 wheeled help to allow him better ground coverage...

079

080

Roper was there too and although he couldn't do any hunting this year, he did enjoy gnawing on some of his big brother's finds...

086

Of course Betsy was there since the egg hunt was at her house...

113

Betsy has a bit of the competitive nature I hope to find in Ruth Ann...as you can see, she found a way to add to her egg collection in a simple way...

087

Christopher was there too, unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of him prior to "the incident"...

108

As a mom who strives to keep my child clean and stain-free at all times, I completely understood Auralee's heartbreak at the sight of her chocolate stained child...especially since she made his shirt and he had only worn it one time! Fortunately for us it was his daddy who supplied him with the chocolate & his mommy owns some heavy duty stain remover...

106

Notice the blond in the back with the unmistakable bow...fortunately for Christopher's daddy Ruth Ann escaped without any chocolate on her new sweater.

Ruth Ann did have some extra help...Spencer was with her and with an average age of 8 years old, this was really the team to beat.

096

Betsy definitely won the quantity award, she stuck with the hunt and had the most eggs by far...however, Sally hides a special egg that reminds all the kids of what Easter is all about...and guess who stumbled upon it???

098

After the egg hunt ended, Ruth Ann discovered a new toy that brings unmeasurable joy to her daddy, her Grumpy and I know her Uncle Adam is smiling down (and laughing his butt of at me with a 4 wheeling girl)...

118

Don't let the bow fool you, this girl has a good amount of back woods in her and she's ready to take on a 4 wheeler...I think Grammy & Grumpy should consider purchasing a matching pair for Ada & Ruth Ann to enjoy in the woods at their house!

124

Mason was there to lend his friend a hand and show her the ropes...

125

Thanks again Sally for hosting another fun egg hunt and Jay B., we missed you bunches, but know you were having fun in N.C.!

post signature

No comments: