Friday, July 15, 2011

How we celebrated the 4th

I know this post is a little late, but I had a few cute, funny & very honest pictures from how we celebrated the 4th of July that I wanted to share.

We started off by heading out to the lake with the Brown's to watch the fireworks over Lake Murray on July 2nd...

012

These two sweet girls snack in the captain and co-captain chairs while their daddy's guided up to our swimming hole.

Then we all swam and relaxed for a little while. Betsy got tired of swimming and mostly wanted to hang out with Tripp in the boat. Ruth Ann and Jay stayed in the water together and these two had quite the conversation...we overheard Jay telling Ruth Ann to hang on to his bathing suit...Dad's monitored the situation from there on out, but let me say that I would over the moon excited if Ruth Ann and Jay Brown were ever to end up together...you CAN NOT find a sweeter little boy!

020

Then on the 3rd we got up and headed to my in-laws lake house for some more fun on the water...

027

That's my nephew and my brother-law and then my niece and her friend took the tube for a spin...all the while Ruth Ann cried and begged for a turn. Until this point she didn't even know what tubing was and had never been pulled by the boat...but that didn't stop her from begging like a crazy child...but we waited for the girls to get back before we loaded up...

029

Then Ruth Ann was off tubing with her Daddy...

058

She waved to her fans...

067

And even managed to boss her daddy around with that little sassy finger even while being pulled around the cove...

065

Then we headed home for naps and showers to head over to the Brown's house. the Brown's have an annual 4th of July party...but Jay's birthday is also on the 4th...so this year the 4th of July party was on the 3rd and then they had a family b-day party on the 4th...confused, don't be...here's some pictures of how we partied with friends on the 3rd of July...

009

Ruth Ann did a little snacking and chatting with Betsy Brown...it wasn't until I sat down to write this post that I realized Ruth Ann and Bets did a lot of eating together over the weekend!

After eating and chatting it was time for games. Sally had several fun games...all of which I didn't really get to see much of since Tripp was with us and it was dinner time for him too. But I did manage to get one picture just before they all raced to get their own flag for the backyard parade...

010

Ruth Ann got a little confused because 2 days prior to the party we had attended the parade for the Gamecocks...so she had some high expectations, one being that Grammy was going to be there...this was a more low key affair for the kids to march around the yard to patriotic music while waving their flags!

015

I love how Jay Brown has his hand on his heart just over Ruth Ann's shoulder...so sweet!

Now for the honest pictures...for those who believe Ruth Ann always cooperates and smiles for pictures, please don't let me fool you...

030

And for those who don't believe me when I say Ruth Ann has ATTITUDE...please trust me...

032

Then on the 4th Tripp-man and I stayed home, I cleaned house/he rested, while the rest of my family went back to the lake for Round 3 of lake side fun. I still can't beleive the 4th of July has come and gone...that means one thing...football season is right around the corner & I don't know aobut you, but I'm ready to see the defending National Champs take the field! WAR EAGLE!!!

post signature

No comments: