Friday, February 12, 2010

Abe's & Adam's Birthday

Is anyone else aware that today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday? I've been able to remember this obscure fact for the last 29 years of my life...well, I'll say 25+ years since I probably wasn't aware of it when I was 2 1/2 years old. I'm known to be a source of obscure and random facts but this praticular fact has been very easy for me to remember because Abe shared his birthday with my brother Adam...or vice versa since Abe was a few years older than my little brother. Today is the first birthday we'll celebrate with out Adam here with us. I wanted to share a video of photos that was made for our family by one of Toni's co-workers, Mark. We poured through photos after Adam's death last March to have a video to play during the visitation. Mark & his fiance worked very hard to have it ready for us on time. Later Mark went back and polished it up for our family to keep. I'll be honest and say I've had this video for some time now, but last night was the first time I gathered enough nerve to watch it. I was able to make it through without tears and found myself smiling at pictures from our childhood, laughing at how my dad has had the same hair cut for the last 25 years and that my mom has had countless hair styles (& colors) during those same 25 years and being reminded of Adam's grin that we all miss seeing. Many of you may not have known my brother, so I wanted to share with you the little boy he was and the man he became...



I have it on good authority that Mark occasionally checks out the blog...thanks Mark for the time and effort you put into making this video for my family. It's greatly appreciated.



post signature

No comments: