Friday, April 15, 2011

A few things

It seems like every time I finish a garment for Ruth Ann or make a new appliqued t-shirt for her I think I've just made the cutest thing to date...but seriously, this might be the cutest things I've ever made...

I saw this applique and immediately knew I wanted to modify it just a little...

019

I LOVE red and any shade of blue and knew I had some turquoise buttons stored away. The appliqued had wheels to stitch out too, but I just skipped that step and added my own wheels...

020

I saw this applique first on a website that sells monogrammed clothes...then I randomly discovered the pattern a few weeks ago...it may be my favorite pattern to date!

021

I'm trying to do less things with her full name because she's at an age where she might respond to a stranger and not really understand how dangerous that is...isn't it sad that this is world we live in now?

023

At the Junior League Holiday Market 2 years ago I bought an outfit just like this. I ran into my sewing teacher while shopping, showed her what I bought and she thought we could easily come up with a pattern for this outfit. Not everyone in my class wanted to make it and then I started my never ending list of "Things I Want To Sew" and before I knew it this idea went to the back burner. I've been on maternity leave from sewing class but still make it into her shop on occasion. The last time I visited her I walked in and there on the wall was the pattern for this outfit!

025

Again, I changed a few things. It called for a ribbon to tie off the top...2 ribbons actually to make a bow on each side. I made one long sash and tied it off on just one shoulder. I made one other change that is too detailed to describe...

029

I've also made a stack of onsies for Tripp-man, but unfortunately everytime I try to get his picture in one he has spit up on it before I can get a good picture. Ruth Ann spit less than 5 times during her first year...Tripp is spitting up small amounts on a pretty regular basis. Arch says Spencer was a projectile spitter-upper so I'm convinced it has to do with the male gene!

post signature

No comments: