Saturday, May 7, 2011

That was quick!

So last week Tripp had is 4 month check up. He weighed in at 15 lbs. 12 oz...a full pound ahead of his sister...but because boy vs girl normative data is different, he is in the same percentile rank has Ruth Ann...mid 60's.

As usual our doctor talked about what Tripp is doing and what we can start trying in the next few months before we check back in at 6 months. To my surprise he gave us the green light to start eating cereal! I couldn't stop myself from saying "Wow, that was quick!".

In a whole lot of ways I feel like Tripp should be doing more and I keep trying to remember when Ruth Ann did all these same things. I felt like Ruth Ann went from a newborn to a toddler in the blink of an eye. And I kinda thought Tripp's baby days would go by even faster. Until this point I have felt like I was going to be washing baby bottles forever...but hearing our doctor say he was ready to start eating solids made a very big part of me want to cry. Tripp is absolutely my last baby and now I'm starting to have that feeling of wanting to slam on the breaks and keep him at this age forever. Sure washing bottles is a pain and it would be nice if he could sit unsupported...but he sleeps through the night and is just about the most snuggly thing you may ever meet!

Tripp obviously shares my opinion that he is not ready to grow up and act like a big boy because his last two feedings have gone something like this...

Food goes in and then....

003

004

food comes out.

This is probably the 1001st way to show how different siblings can be. Ruth Ann took to eating right away...she couldn't help it, she is her mother's daughter! I know Tripp will come around...it's in his genes...but right now eating is a very, very messy activity!


post signature

No comments: